Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Books in Baltimore

For my article, I decided to cover the Baltimore Book Festival, which is located in Downtown Baltimore at Mount Vernon Place. The event is from Friday, September 26, 2008 until Sunday September 28, 2008.

I already know from the Baltimore Sun, that many authors will be there showcasing their works and also reading them. There will be performances from local bands, food and games. Since this is a broad topic to write about, I have decided to focus in on the children's section of the festival. I will try to ask questions about how long the bookfair has been around, do the people in charge of the childrens tent see a lot of kids, what is their perspective of the book fair do they think it will make people in the Baltimore comunity more interested in reading and other questions. I will pay attention to how many kids I see there, what kinds of activities are offered to kids and are the kids participating and how the adults get kids to participate in the activities.

No comments: